At a Glance: Your Simple 12-Step Checklist for Staying Lean
A simple reminder of your “to do” list can help you stay focused and take care of business each and every day.
And that’s the key to staying lean for life… consistency. You take one step each day, and you never let it slide.
To help remind you, I made a simple checklist.
Here’s Your 12-Step Checklist for Staying Lean:
1) Eat the Right Fats: Bulk up on omega-3s, at least 2,000mg a day and eliminate trans fats.
2) Eat the Right Carbs: Try to stick to vegetables and beans as your main sources of carbohydrates. You can eat up to 2-3 SMALL servings of fruit as well. And try to stay away from “starchy carbs” like bread, pasta, potatoes, and rice.
3) Eat Protein at Each Meal: Eat at least some protein at each meal; grass-fed meats, fish and organic dairy. Make sure to eat protein first thing in the morning.
4) Eat these Super Spices: Garlic, Basil, Cardamom, Cilantro, Cinnamon, Ginger, Parsley, and Turmeric.
5) Avoid ALL Artificial Sweeteners: Splenda, NutraSweet and High Fructose Corn Syrup (a.k.a – “corn syrup”) are off limits.
6) Drink More Decaf Tea than Coffee: Limit your coffee intake if possible. Opt for organic green and black teas instead.
7) Start Your Day with Breakfast: Make sure it includes protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
8 ) Do Not Eat After Dinner: The kitchen should be off limits 3 to 4 hours before bedtime. If you must have a late night snack, make sure it is high protein and low carb.
9) Eat a “Cheat Meal” Once a Week: This is your weekly indulgence. Make sure to include a dessert!
10) Drink More Water: 12 oz glass of water before meals
11) Red Wine Only: Up to 2 glasses a day. No beer or hard alcohol.
12) Don’t Drink Your Calories: Avoid sodas, soft drinks and fruit juices.
And here’s how to apply them…
The 6 Secrets that Make Your Checklist Work:
1) Eat Slowly: Take your time. Chew every bite at least 15 times.
2) Create a Routine: Plan your meals and keep a list of everything you need.
3) Keep Healthy Snacks on Hand: Hard-boiled eggs, raw nuts, celery. Keep away from vending machines.
4) Convenience is Your Friend: Prepare soups and sauteed vegetables and keep them in the fridge. Have a good blender for smoothies.
5) Restaurant Tricks: Order veggies instead of potatoes, grass-fed meats as an entree and berries for dessert.
6) Get Some Exercise: Besides burning calories, exercise is great for mood, regulating blood sugar and eliminating cravings. Do something short with high intensity if possible. If not, at least get in a brisk walk.
One thing that a lot of people do is print this out and post it right on the refrigerator. It works wonders.
If you follow most of these, especially staying away from the starchy, simple carbohydrates and empty calories, and take your Weight Loss Formula No.1 you will be well on your way to draining the fat right out of your body.
Well, my daughter and I have been on your plan (it is not a diet..but a new lifestyle!) for a week now and I have lost 2 pounds. As long as I stay consistent I am okay with that. It (the fat) didn’t come on over night and it won’t come off over night either. Am taking my pill and changing my eating habits. We still have to get the exercise in more than we are doing and that might help speed things up. Jennifer will weigh today and I am hoping she has lost too. She tends to be on the negative side and doesn’t seem to think this is going to work for her as her work schedule is hectic and she doesn’t get normal time breaks or lunches so hard to know when to take her pill. She will figure it out with time I am sure. Thank you for your emails and helps. It is great encouragement.
Hi Linda – Thanks for writing in! I wish you guys the best of luck in this journey. You seem to already have the right frame of mind; be patient and consistent. It is all about small daily efforts and not trying to change in a short amount of time. Also, seek out activities you love to do. Exercise doesn’t always have to be this formal 20 minute thing on treadmill in a stuffy gym somewhere. Our activity should ideally be outside, enjoying and exploring! I hope that helps. Good luck!
Good afternoon, I just want to share the great news on the plan of ultimate digestive health. Me and my guy have finish off the 30-day plan. We are amazed on the results , We both have improved regularity,feel energetic,trimmer, lost plenty of weight. stomach,look like we where expecting, now totally gone down ,down almost flat .Please take this plan ,You’ll love what you see.Yourself as you where thin and health. consuelo & my guy.bye