At a Glance: Your Simple 12-Step Checklist for Staying Lean
A simple reminder of your “to do” list can help you stay focused and take care of business each and every day.
And that’s the key to staying lean for life… consistency. You take one step each day, and you never let it slide.
To help remind you, I made a simple checklist.
Here’s Your 12-Step Checklist for Staying Lean:
1) Eat the Right Fats: Bulk up on omega-3s, at least 2,000mg a day and eliminate trans fats.
2) Eat the Right Carbs: Try to stick to vegetables and beans as your main sources of carbohydrates. You can eat up to 2-3 SMALL servings of fruit as well. And try to stay away from “starchy carbs” like bread, pasta, potatoes, and rice.
3) Eat Protein at Each Meal: Eat at least some protein at each meal; grass-fed meats, fish and organic dairy. Make sure to eat protein first thing in the morning.
4) Eat these Super Spices: Garlic, Basil, Cardamom, Cilantro, Cinnamon, Ginger, Parsley, and Turmeric.
5) Avoid ALL Artificial Sweeteners: Splenda, NutraSweet and High Fructose Corn Syrup (a.k.a – “corn syrup”) are off limits.
6) Drink More Decaf Tea than Coffee: Limit your coffee intake if possible. Opt for organic green and black teas instead.
7) Start Your Day with Breakfast: Make sure it includes protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
8 ) Do Not Eat After Dinner: The kitchen should be off limits 3 to 4 hours before bedtime. If you must have a late night snack, make sure it is high protein and low carb.
9) Eat a “Cheat Meal” Once a Week: This is your weekly indulgence. Make sure to include a dessert!
10) Drink More Water: 12 oz glass of water before meals
11) Red Wine Only: Up to 2 glasses a day. No beer or hard alcohol.
12) Don’t Drink Your Calories: Avoid sodas, soft drinks and fruit juices.
And here’s how to apply them…
The 6 Secrets that Make Your Checklist Work:
1) Eat Slowly: Take your time. Chew every bite at least 15 times.
2) Create a Routine: Plan your meals and keep a list of everything you need.
3) Keep Healthy Snacks on Hand: Hard-boiled eggs, raw nuts, celery. Keep away from vending machines.
4) Convenience is Your Friend: Prepare soups and sauteed vegetables and keep them in the fridge. Have a good blender for smoothies.
5) Restaurant Tricks: Order veggies instead of potatoes, grass-fed meats as an entree and berries for dessert.
6) Get Some Exercise: Besides burning calories, exercise is great for mood, regulating blood sugar and eliminating cravings. Do something short with high intensity if possible. If not, at least get in a brisk walk.
One thing that a lot of people do is print this out and post it right on the refrigerator. It works wonders.
If you follow most of these, especially staying away from the starchy, simple carbohydrates and empty calories, and take your Weight Loss Formula No.1 you will be well on your way to draining the fat right out of your body.