For dinner tonight, why not make a simple Greek recipe. How about this recipe for Greek Shrimp? Oregano and feta cheese give this recipe its distinct flavor and aroma.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 1/3 cups tomatoes, medium chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, or 1 1/2 cup dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 pound reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 bag of fresh baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Set a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
- In a large bottomed pot, sauté the garlic in half the olive oil. Cook briefly, then add the tomatoes. Cook briefly, and then add the wine, salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the shrimp briefly in remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with pepper flakes as they cook.
- Remove the shrimp from heat when they lose their opacity. Put the shrimp in a baking pan. Sprinkle with crumbled feta. Spoon tomato sauce over feta. Bake about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile steam fresh spinach in the microwave
- To serve, spoon mixture over steamed spinach
Contributed by: Fave Diets